Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My First Time Ever Going to the Fireflies

On the 14th of October, we went to camp until 15th of Octoboer to Kuala Selangor. On the first day of camp at night which was the 14th of October, we were going to the fireflies. I was imagining red, orange, white, yellow fireflies. I was so excited of seeing all those fireflies because it was my first time seeing  the fireflies.

As we were going to the fireflies riding a bus, I sat with my friend Justin. I was talking to him about the fireflies. I asked him won't the fireflies be cool? Justin said yeah. As we reached the gate of going in to the fireflies, I asked people,
"Where's the fireflies?" But the people would just ignore me. As I was walking to the boat to see the fireflies, all I could see was fireflies in my view when there was none. I was like,
" Look there's a fireflies."

"Ok 4 people per boat" said the guide. We went on the boat second. I was on the boat with Joseph, Justin, Shivank and me. As the boat was leaving for the fireflies, I asked to driver, "How deep is the water?"
He replied,
"13 meters" I was scared as soon as he said that it was 13 meters.

As the boat was riding on, I saw a tree. I thought the tree was for decoration because it was covered the light was blinking. Suddenly, Joseph told me that the light that was blinking was the fireflies. As first I didn't believe Joseph but as I askied the driver, he said that they were the fireflies. I was ashamed because the fireflies wasn't there from my imagination. I was so sad. But, as the drive went on, the driver went close to the fireflies for us to touch it. As I was going to touch it the fireflies ran away. But, Joseph he caught two fireflies when we only thought there was only one on his hand. The driver suddenly went and as he was going I touched the fireflies. At first, I thought if I touch the fireflies, my finger would just go through it because it was light. As I touched it, there was something on my hand. It felt like insect. Suddenly Joseph said,
"Hey you almost killed it. You're so mean." As Joseph said that, I felt sad for the fireflies.

As the drive was over, we went to a shop and there was many products that children likes. I bought a sword which lights up when I press a button. As I was playing with it, we went on the bus and went back to our hostel. While I was riding the bus, I was dissapointed that the fireflies wasn't as colorful as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment